Friday, November 8, 2013

回到愛以前 Deja Vu Episode 1 Recap


Deja Vu is a Taiwanese drama, replacing Love Around slot.. Every episode will first air on Sunday 22.00 local time.

The movie is about Xu Hai Lin, sacrificing her happiness for her fiancé. Using her own ways of loving to protect him from any misfortune.

Episode 1: Bliss, returning to before love

Xu Hai Lin (Wei Man, 愛趁現在) a ballet dancer, joining a bellet competition. One of her enemies is her half-blood sister (same father diff mother), Xu You Xi (Wang Si Ping, 遇見幸福300天). After the competition end, You Xi mother want her husband to come home with her but he want to bring Hai Lin mother along as well. So Hai Lin and You Xi excuse themselves from this awk-to-the-ward situation.
Hai Lin goes to next door exhibition, by Lu Xi Wei (Yao Yuan Hao, 大紅冒與小野狼) company, to promote their company. But halfway through the exhibition, the venue catches fire. Xi Wei go back inside to safe his grandfather precious belongings. Hai Lin notice this and go back inside to rescue Xi Wei.

They both end up at the hospital. Xi Wei wide awake at his hospital bed, while Hai Lin fall asleep beside his bed. They exchange a few words and Xi Wei says "then stop being strangers". And Hai Lin also receive a congratulatory text from the competition earlier. From then we have pieces of their love story, first date, second date, third date, and so on. Various occasion have pass to valentines day to christmas. During this period of time they watch a movie, Hai Lin don't really like the plot, since she feels that no matter how they change their choices they will never end up together and be happy. Hai Lin say if she face something like that she will choose not to know each other so at least they won't hurt each other. Xi Wei say for him it will be better if he die than not knowing her, so at least she can be happy.

Now 2013, Hai Lin is a well-known ballet dancer having her activities domestically and internationally. Xi Wei is scheduled to be at US for the next 3 months, but he return to Taiwan just to attend and surprise her for her 2nd concert. The concern run successfully, she hold small scale press conference before she loss consciousness. The doctor announces a good news to Xi Wei that he's going to be a father soon. So he's looking for a ring and prepares a bouquet for her.
Xi Wei give Hai Lin a surpass and propose to her "Marry me, my child mother" and well Hai Lin is shocked to learn that she is pregnant. She say yes to his proposal and give him her precious bracelets that engraved "Bliss" that her mother gave her on her birthday. On the way back from the mountain, they are having their lovey-dovey time, until a drunk driving truck kept on honking non-stop. So Hai Lin think that they should just let the truck pass them first, but then during a steep u turn, Xi Wei not able to control his car as the truck is just right beside him. The accident occur, we in to see Xi Wei coughing blood, while Hai Lin skirt is stained with her fresh blood. *wail* Xi Wei ask Hai Lin did u remember the movie that you hate very much? I never regret knowing you, I prefer I died so that you will be happy. And at that time he return her bracelets. The camera pan out....
The next scene, news report an accident that happened on the mountain that involves a ballet dancer and a general manager. The general manager pass away, while the ballet dancer miss-carriage. Hai Lin still keep her expression cheerful for her parents. But once she reach her room her face expression changes. She visit where the accident happened, and walk aimlessly to a river bridge. She dance while saying "Xi Wei say he love me the most when I dance, so I am going to present my last dance to him". Then she attempt suicide, she woke up to a fairy-like (wise) man. He says you come from a bring place above but you choose to go down the stream, but now you have a new path that awaits you. The new path will let you change time and anything you want, but in return you have to gave up something that is really important in your life. The wise man ask her then to when will you turn back the time? She reply before love.
Back to the exhibition (2008). She is hesitant to rescue his once again this time, but she remember that Xi Wei will not be able to recognise her, coz he is unconscious. So she save him and say "this time I will use my own way to love you so that you will be happy", she gave Xi Wei her bracelets again and walk away.

My Opinion:
Wail, my hears break for them from the start coz I know their happiness will be short, given that she'll be given choice to revive Xi Wei. What even breaks my heart is their chemistry in this drama, so real. It is one of the few drama where even at the first episode able to impress me and give me that heart ache. Wei Man playing Hai Lin, I first know her from Love, Now but at that drama she's not very good as she is a new actress *correct me if I am wrong*, but here she's very natural compared to Love, Now.
One thing I find unrealistic, haiyoo drama drama!! WHY the damn air-bag didn't work?? Xi Wei is driving a couple convertible car, freaking BMW!!!!
I hope it did not take forever or 1-2 episode before the drama end, for Xi Wei to realise that he love Hai Lin instead of You Si..








Contain SPOILER!!

Because I think Xi Wei will fall for You Si in the second round, since I saw the preview and this time it is You Si in the ambulance instead of Xi Wei.. and I bet You Si is the devil, since her ballet costume represent black swan while Hai Lin wears the white swan ballet costume..


XOXO
ACOD

photo credit to owner

6 comments:

  1. Hi. Great recap!
    I stumbled upon your site while I was looking for the a song that plays throughout this first episode. I noticed you have a couple songs but not that one. Do you know the title or where I can find it?
    Thanks for any help!

    You can find me or email me @
    withsubtitlesplease.wordpress.com
    withsubtitlesplease@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Unni,
      Are you looking for the opening theme song? I believe the full length is currently unavailable.. It is beautiful by wang da wen 「美麗-王大文」. The other theme song is When I'm alone by Sodagreen 「獨處的時候-蘇打錄」you can watch the MV at youtube.com . Remember to checkout Deja Vu ost in the future for the complete list.

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Kudos to you for putting these up because I tried to get the hang of recapping but it takes a lot of work so good job, they're very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's yes I do admit that there is lot's of things that cannot be omitted from the drama into the recap, but that's what makes me eager to recap since if there is more facial expression it's better to watch than to recap because I'll not be able to convey the correct expression/feelings as the drama itself did..

      Delete
  3. Do you know the song that played during the transitions? with the guy who had a really high voice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean opening theme song? It can be found here --> http://acupofdrama.blogspot.com/2013/11/deja-vu-ost_13.html

      Delete